Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Last Thursday Night

   At about 7.OOpm last Thursday, myself and a friend were struggling to get off the road and board a bus home. That did not go as planned.


One heart wrenching punch, POW!
I screaaaammmmmmmmm!
Blood, dizziness.
I saw stars in a million hues...


   I stood there, in the middle of the ever busy Obalende road, staring at this devil in a mortal's skin, wondering why he had punched me in the face. Blood gushed out of my gums, my head felt heavy as my jaw reeled in pain. Why would someone just look at you and decide to bless you with a punch? A nerve racking punch, one that rendered my brain useless for an hour or two. I'm still trying to figure that out. I checked my bag if anything was stolen, everything was in place. The scary thing was that he still stood there, staring at me with his sinister eyes like he wanted to beat me to a pulp.
    Passers-by walked on. Traders kept on selling. (Lesson No. 1: In Lagos, NOBODY CARES!). A middle aged woman came to the scene and all she could say was, "So you cannot blow your own back abi?". My mouth fell open. Why in God's name would I "blow my own back"? This crazed man was finely dressed but the look on his face shouted, "Near me, let me finish you".
    My friend had to drag to me to a sidewalk as I was too shocked to move. She too was alarmed. A man then shouted from the crowd, "Ko ma gba dun. He's not normal". I thought so too. I just carried my yellow self into a bus and found my way back to Lekki. Thankfully, I didn't get any bruises nor a black eye, I love my face too much for all that.
   I'm laughing at myself right now but that night, I didn't even have the balls to smile. Now, I cannot go out at night without constantly checking my sides if a black man in a white shirt is out to punch me again. *sigh*
#LifeInLagos
            
                                                                'Debola Ade-Aduwo (@Adebola_x)
                                                                        Writer & Student.

8 comments:

  1. Igbaju Aye *rolling*...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO����������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha. Its quite sad that you had to experience that. On a more serious note, why didn't you "blow your own back"?! I'm sure your friend would have had your back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. Good thing you didn't punch him back. Perhaps you could have called the police

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg...lmfaoooo.....#dope.....didnt knw u had dis in u
    Luv it luv it luv it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't still stop laughing from this gist!!!! Lmaooooooo... Pele dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww,my fav oyinbo 6ta got a punch on her *yellow* face, not funny @ all,pls gimme d guy's addy I need to give him a piece of my fist

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it a real life story, if it is very funny

    ReplyDelete